Occasionally, other programmers and venues ask me to host Q&A’s with filmmakers or introduce screenings. It’s always a pleasure to meet the people behind the art form I love and audiences that are inquisitive and passionate.
Playback: Exposure panel, Playback Festival, 4pm, Friday 23 March 2018, ICA, London
To celebrate the launch of EXPOSURE: A Guide to Exhibition, Distribution and Marketing for Filmmakers and Artists, produced by Random Acts North, this panel discusses how to get your work seen, from planning a festival strategy to understanding how artist films are distributed and exhibited in the UK and internationally.
– In Conversation with Cecilia Stenbom, Monday 5 February 2018, CCA, Glasgow.
Q&A following the Scottish premiere of Stenbom’s new film, The Rules of Engagement.
– Stories We Tell, Introduction, Sunday 29 October 2017, Cample Line, Thornhill, Dumfriesshire.
Introduction of the Sarah Polley documentary followed by a discussion with the audience.
– Alex Barrett, London Symphony, Friday 3 November 2017, Filmhouse, Edinburgh.
Q&A with director Alex Barrett following the screening of his second feature film, London Symphony, a silent, black and white city-symphony.
– Mark Cousins, Safe, Tuesday 16 August 2016, Filmhouse, Edinburgh.
Screening of the late Antonia Bird’s 1993 film Safe followed by a discussion with Bird’s close friend Mark Cousins.
– Mark Cousins, Bigger Than the Shining, 17 June 2016, Edinburgh International Film Festival, Filmhouse, Edinburgh.
Q&A with Mark Cousins following the screening of his film, an edit of Kubrick’s The Shining and Nicholas Ray’s Bigger Than Life.
– Various Q&A’s at EIFF 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012.